Seeding Mode Not seeding!!!

ajoh30871

I hope that I can explain this okay. I have upgraded to the 1.8.1 ver of Utorrent and now when I go into "Seeding Only" Mode ( according to the Scheduler), my Upload speed goes down Dramatically. Exa: i am downloading a torrent. while downloading at 1mbps I am uploading at around 75k. file is now at 90 percent so I go into Seeding only Mode to keep the file alive.

when I go into Seeding only mode, My upload now goes all the way down to 5 to 12k.....

is this Normal, I hope not because that would defeat the purpose of Seeding Only Mode, I think. any Advise would be greatly appreciated......

Frustrated!!!

Does your ISP shape traffic per connection or total? Depending on how many upload slots you have you might be able to bump upload when only seeding. However it appears more likely your ISP is to blame since you are no longer downloading. Many ISPs have more "relaxed" restrictions on uploading when simultaneously downloading.

You can sometimes get around this by setting another torrent (i.e. http://slackware.com/torrents/ ) to a low download limit.

Ummmm Okay, I am not understanding why i would download this file and how it would help me in this situation. I think that my isp is more relaxed per say when I am not downloading however, when I am in the Seeding Only Mode, I can select the torrent to "Force Start" and can download my other Files. as long as I am downloading them they are fine. Have no problem. I normally only select certain torrents to put in Seeding Mode Only. I do not use this for all of my torrents so I BYPASS this Feature by selecting Force Start on the rest of the torrents that i want to continue downloading. the Problem is only there when the Files are in Seeding Only Mode. Maybe its suppose to do that I don't know.

Functionally there is no different between seed-only for a partial torrent and seeding a full torrent UNLESS you don't have enough pieces which are in high demand.

I mentioned that test torrent as a test. i.e. to check if your ISP CARES that you're uploading without downloading. People have had success keeping equivalent upload while only downloading @ 5 KiBps. Try it out, is why I mention it.

Archived