Zero out

revolver_365

Fragmentation sucks. Sometimes I have multiple p2p network running at once plus 3 utorrent downloads going at same time and some 21 torrents qued up.

option for Pre-allocate + zero out would be really sweet.

And yes, it will cause laggy performance pits when new torrents start for those with out core 2 and a dedicated drive for BT, but fortunately, I'm not one of those people.

Looking forward to next release! :)

ps. Yes, I know about the whole sparse file thing, but turning it off just doesn't get the job done well enough.

There's already a pre-allocate option, and even without it, µTorrent always zeroes out the file (except if you enable diskio.sparse_files).

Though you can get faster allocation by enabling diskio.no_zero, which will net you the same result (full file allocation) without actually needing to write a bunch of zeros.

Really? Hmmm that's strange. Becuase I still have files with smaller "size on disk" than acutal size before they finish. I have sparse file OFF and Pre allocate all files ON

I'm still getting 1000 - 10,000 fragments

ps. the computer doesnt seem to do any loud scratchy writing sounds when torrents start

Archived