Share your favorite torrents with your friends through RSS

iBurgerrr

Problem:

There is no easy way to share your favorite torrent with friends. Yes, you could bookmark all your favorite torrents in delicious, but this takes a lot of time.

I was thinking, if there would be a way, to make uTorrent push your favorite torrents to a external RSS feed, that would be really cool. However, for that to work we would need either;

1. (server/client model) - a 3rd party server, that would host the 'shared torrents' feed.

2. (client/client model) - direct transfer mode, from client to client.

In any case, I just thought, lets put this idea out there, perhaps someone likes it has a better perspective on how to make this work.

Just like displaying what you're downloading in the first place via WebUI, publicly accessible without authentication (guest accounts). No one said it would operate outside the bounds of the WebUI authentication system O_o

There is absolutely no difference with regards to privacy. It's not difficult to google the infohashes returned by list=1 either, but it's just more of a convenience when you're trying to share some torrents with friends.

I was more referring to those ... programs which like to refresh RSS @ 1 minute intervals. Bad juju in this case is limited upload being sapped without bound. I had no doubt regardng privay, only bandwidth. It's hard enough for some people to upload data... ;)

So it sounds like there is more functionality being built into the tracker...some basic landing page, or this is additional prorities/users for webui remote access?

Archived