Problems with speed suggested configuration

Orso

Problems with speed suggested configuration

I use the suggested configuration and my download halved. I use the set for a xx/256k.

I believe the cause was the following: "Max active downloads 1".

I was downloading two files at the moment (with other bad configurations as first time I wrongly set the drop down to my download – xx/768k - values not upload ), one (higher in priority) was around 20k/s the second around 40k/s.

The effect of the new settings is the first grow up to 30-40k, the second was queued. I think the heuristic of real world case can teach the following: never relies on only one feet if you can. There are probably good technical reason to set "Max active downloads" to 1, but I believe a minimum of two will be better on much real situations.

I set it to two, now my download is:

first: around 40K/s

second around 100K/s

It is far from good but enough to leave me satisfied (for a while).

Are you already downloading faster than you're uploading?

If so, starting MORE torrents just screws someone else over for possibly your short-term benefit. :P

You'll probably be better off using the 256 kilobits/second upload settings in the 2nd link of my signature.

Allowing 2 downloading torrents at once may work ok with it too...since you may not be connecting to as many peers/seeds as regular Speed Guide suggests.

Archived