Tracker update stuck in "updating..." (1.8.1 under Wine 1.1.6)

jesperl

I'm running uTorrent 1.8.1 on Linux (Ubuntu Server) with Wine 1.1.6 (in a Xtightvnc session).

For a couple of torrents, the tracker update does not work. For the torrents in question, the column "Update In" in the "Trackers" tab is stuck at "Updating...". In some cases, the column "Status" says "Error 10049", other are blank in the status column.

This error mainly occurs when I restart uTorrent, although it can happen after running for a while.

The problem also existed with uTorrent 1.8, but it actually seems worse with 1.8.1. It never happened with uTorrent 1.6.1 which I used before upgrading to 1.8 on the Linux server.

I noticed this item in the changelog for 1.8.1, which seems to describe my problem?

--- 2008-09-12: Version 1.8.1 beta (build 12183)

- Fix: duplicate connections to same IP

- Fix: canceled connection counting (solves tracker stuck in "updating...")

I just upgraded to Wine 1.1.6 from the wine site, but the problem also existed with wine 1.0 from the Ubuntu Hardy repository.

Could it help to delete the resume.dat file and reload the torrent manually? The error started to occur when I upgraded from 1.6.1 to 1.8, with a number of active torrents in resume.dat

• 1 month later...

Archived