Option to Remove Torrent from List after X days

status

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option maybe in queueing, to remove

a torrent from µtorrent's list that hasn't been active in X days.

And just maybe to even make it more complete..have a 2nd option on this so that µtorrent will only remove

the ones that have already at least an X ratio.

So this way one can be sure to remove only after seeding it, and after like 3/4 weeks.

Thats usually when episodes become inactive for download, and would be a great feature instead of always

having to go through µtorrent's list.

Thank you

yep but delete torrent after ratio (eg a small ration on public trackers, just after the torrent in complete) can imply a behavior of Hit & Run.

About the hit and run thing...if anyone wants they can do a Hit & Run even without this option just by setting the seed while in that torrent only to a really low value.

So this option ain't nothing to do with hit & run. It's an option to remove the .torrent from µtorrent's list after X days, even if u had a minimum of 1 day, I bet on a public tracker you would always reach the 1:1 ratio, my main reason is because I seed quite a few .torrents of episodes for a while, they always reach 5/6 ratio (private tracker), and after some time they just become inactive, and one has to go through the list to remove them being that nobody downloads that anymore...

Let's give an example, you download an episode let's say Heroes, in 1 day your ratio for that one episode goes up to 3/4 on a regular dsl connection...and thats pretty much all there's gonna be being that after there's lots of seeds, so a person to download one of the episodes would be downloading less from each person. Comes to the point nobody downloads them anymore like 2/3 weeks later.

Like right now, I got Stargate at 2w 5d inactive, meaning nobody cares about this episode anymore, so would be nice to have an option that removes let's say .torrents that reach 3Weeks inactive, but that also it has reached X seeding; (specified by the user)

Very few requests re granted with regard to scripting uTorrent to become a headless daemon. The proposed changes to seeding rules may include a mechanism to accommodate people who.... choose this path, for whatever reason.

I hope you are aware of the extra columnsin the main torrent pne which give you your .. requested information.

If you did read the posts, regarding the inactive field...you'd know everyone's aware of it.

And that's one of the reason's of me asking for it, because since the field is already there this isn't hard to code.

Just an extra checkbox/input box and add a few extra if's to the timer command to check if the ratio/inactivity time has been reached and if so 'remove' which is already a function that exists in µtorrent too (right-click on torrent, remove).

As in regards for scripting, there's no request for scripting in here, and I doubt µtorrent would ever add support for scripting simply because it would make it too big

as this is "remove after x days/months/badgers after INACTIVITY" I think abuse would be limited, i generally leave my downloads for 7 days before removing from utorrent and even then, i try to keep those with < 100 seeds running for an additional week - but only if they're being hit, otherwise, they just sit in my temp download area doing nothing.

Stopping it after ratio reaches a certain point already exists, that doesn't stop the list from getting fuller and fuller.

This feature would also be great for seedboxes out there, because let's say these seeders download stuff over RSS so they can spread/seed it for a certain period of time, they'd still have to login through VNC to be able to remove the torrent, which made me get another idea, have an extra checkbox to remove torrent+data instead of just torrent. ;]

Archived