utorrent Port Does Not Appear To Be Open...whatever I do!

lyckos

I followed the port forwarding directions of www.portforward.com for my router (it's a Baudtec TW263R4-A0) and although I did every step of the way as the site said I still get the Error message at www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=*****

what can I do?

Edit No1: I just tried to download the slackware-12.1-iso file from http://slackware.com/torrents/ and it seems to get good speeds (aproximately 250kb/s) but the icon at the lower continues to stay yellow telling me there are no incoming connections and again the testport test says the port I am using is still not open...

I tried disabling windows firewall (the only one I use) and it still had the same problem

P.s. 1) i made a static i.p. as described at http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

2) I dont use an antivirus right now

3) The Only program i am using is spybot....is there a chance it blocks utorrent?

Edit No2: Right now I am downloading an episode of House M.D.

The icon is red but I have a reasonable d/s of 49kb/s 35 seeds and 6 peers...

also the testport test indicates that my utorrent port is still not functioning!

What exactly is going on? cause a d/s of 50kb/s for me sounds ok

By the way, I am downloading only one torrent right now....I will put some more and be right back to inform you

Edit No3: Something I didn't tell u, was that the problem appeared exactly when I upgraded from 1.7.7 to 1.8. It remained when I upgraded to 1.8.1.

I started this topic just after I uninstalled 1.8.1 and installed 1.6.1.

I made a printscreen of the utorrent pannell so I could continue downloading what was unfininshed and just right now I noticed that at the printscreen I did, there are zero (0) seeds at all the torrents I was downloading. Now, House M.D. has 2086 seeds....what does that mean?

24 hours later and without making the changes disabling DHT and setting very low per-torrent and global connection limit can be done the speed had dropped at the bottom and it continued staying there after I made this changes....

Only solution for taffic shaping is change the ISP or is there another one?

Archived