Disk overloaded 100% with dma on, server 2008

fatila

Hi,

I've just run into this issue with a large torrent with files within ranging from a few hundred kb to 40GB. The client will download for a while, then speed will drop to 10k until maybe 20-30 minutes later when it starts back to normal speed again and the pattern continues. I tried increasing my disk cache in memory manually to 1GB and this helped until it reached that size then the problems resumed. The drive is a new WD 1TB greenpower which I've seen hit over 80MB/s.

This is very frustrating behaviour, any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Client is 1.8.1, OS server 2008 32bit.

• 2 years later...

Ok two years later and this issue persists, I have been ignoring it, just letting the disk stop overloading but I really need to fix this now.

If I turn off write caching the disk stops overloading, but then utorrent allocates about 1.9GB ram and then comes to a complete halt. If I enable write caching then after downloading a certain amount (seems to be 2GB odd again) the speed will drop to sub 10kbps and 'disk overloaded' will appear. There must be something I can do to stop this.

I had a clean install of 2.2 recently but have changed he settings in line with the suggested steps above. MY system is now server 2008 R2 64bit and the main disk is a 2TB wd green.

fatila, I had the same problem a while ago. Failed to solve it properly, but to get your torrents downloaded you could try this: delete the downloaded data completely and remove the torrent from utorrent, then add it again. Worked in my case for a few times (on two different machines with win2k3 and win2k8). I guess it has something to do with preallocation.

Archived