RSS torrent file download bug, removing questionmark from link

tehimp

It seems like µTorrent strips the ? (questionmark) character from the link field in RSS feeds. When i try to open (download) a torrent file using the built in RSS reader µTorrent says 'Unable to load "download.phpid=12345&name=The.Torrent-File.torrent"'. The questionmark is not missing in the RSS feed:

<link>http://www.site.com/download.php?id=12345&name=The.Torrent-File.torrent</link>

The RSS version of the feed is 0.91 and it's using the ISO-8859-1 encoding.

I have only been able to try this using one tracker but i'm not the only one who have had this problem.

Note 1: The site does not require a cookie to let the user download the torrent files.

Note 2: This issue have been discussed on the forum in the thread "Announcements » µTorrent 1.4 released" but not posted as a bug.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that ludde checks for invalid characters in filenames, with the questionmark being one of them. I don't use RSS, so I can't really test the problem, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that were the case (stupid little niggles those escape my scrutiny when I write programs too xD)

Unable to load "download.phpid=12345&name=The.Torrent-File.torrent just means it's unable to load that file from the HDD. I should probably replace that text with the URL....

µTorrent temporarily downloads the URL into that file and tries to load it. It probably means the site uses cookies or some sort of authentication.

Archived