unlimiting upload speed

Barken

hey there ppl

i love to upload torrents to sites and wanted to know if i need to change any settings in utorrent in order to upload as much as my connection can..

i mean to ask - are there settings on the program that can slow my upload speed? do i need to change something for me to upload without limits?

im using the latest version

i already done that but i wanted to ask if there are more settings

look at what i did and tell me if it is wrong:

bt.allow_same_ip = true

net.max_halfopen = 16777215

bt.connect_speed = 100000

and in bandwidth under "number of connections" i valuated all to 100000

is that good or bad?

BAD. Do not mess with advanced settings unless you are directed to do so by someone who actually knows what they're doing (you'll find plenty of such users here in these forums). If you got instructions to use such settings from YouTube videos... well, they don't know what they're doing. Revert all of those changes you've made to the advanced settings.

Edit: Clearly, you did NOT read the setup guide at all if those are your settings.

Because they cause a TON of overhead. Which equates to wasted bandwidth. And those settings will almost undoubtedly kill any consumer-grade networking hardware. Heck, I'm betting many commercial-grade networking hardwares would also get bogged down by such settings. Basically, your connection will become extremely unstable and unreliable with things set as you have them.

2nd link in my signature gives suggested settings for uTorrent based on your max sustainable UPLOAD speed.

Bad settings may work ok with many torrents...then cause all kinds of problems on very busy torrents.

You may want lower-than-max upload settings because your line is shared or has a monthly bandwidth quota you don't want to exceed.

Archived