Uploading slowly only on some torrent sites suddenly.

MRD

Here's my problem:

On only some torrent sites, I can now only barely upload (around 4kbs) whereas a few days ago, I easily did over 100kbs.

I can download no problem. One of the torrent sites had a message that said I either had a firewall issue or a NAT issue.

I have one firewall which I haven't modified/updated in a year. I made no changes to my computer and utorrent program in over a year.

Any help would be appreciated.

I just did and it says its functioning properly and is accepting bit torrents. Why is it certain other torrent sites like mininova.org uploads fine yet others don't?

Here is what the torrent site emailed to me. (I know that my peers whatever that means shows all zero's except for 1 and that is the one doing 4kbs.)

The tracker has determined that you are firewalled or NATed and cannot accept incoming connections.

This means that other peers in the swarm will be unable to connect to you, only you to them. Even worse, if two peers are both in this state they will not be able to connect at all. This has obviously a detrimental effect on the overall speed.

I have cable modem (motorola - Never had a problem). Average download speed on good torrent sites of 1.1Mbs. Upload approximately 1/10th of that.

I have modified my utorrent settings from advice from a torrent site, no effect. I have changed my port to 49152 (made sure that port is open and it is.)

Other utorrent setting at present.

Bandwidth - Maximum upload rate = 0 (no checks)

Global download rate = 0

Number of Connections: Global = 5000 (I have modified these settings)

Connected peers per torrent = 250

Number of upload slots per torrent = 100

Additional upload slots <90% is checked.

BitTorrent - All checked except for "Limit local peer bandwidth" (I tried other combinations, no effect)

IP/Hostname to report to tracker = nothing

Protocol Encryption = disabled and the box is checked.

Queueing - From top to bottom 100, 20, 90, 0, 1000. All boxes checked.

The other categories in the preferences are at default except the port which I mentioned earlier.

I would like to reiterate that only a couple torrent sites (the best ones) are the ones I can no longer upload to. Any other and I have no problem.

Do you need any more info?

REDUCE YOUR SETTINGS NOW!

...Or your ISP (Shaw Cable in Canada) may BAN you!

Post about Shaw:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=368350#p368350

You're already getting throttled/crippled at least in part from using these incredibly bad settings.

(Whoever recommended them to you is an idiot!)

Your line is very slow on the upload side compared to download...maybe even less than 1/2 megabit (512 kilobit/second).

2nd link in my signature...

Archived