Utorrent 1.8.1 not correctly showing stats?

Playmate

Morning all..

I recently uploaded a file to a site, file size 241MB. After 8 hours of my uploading this files, utorrent tells me that I have 41 seeders (downloaders) and have uploaded a total of 79MB??

Surely this cannot be correct?? If I do the math ( not much good at them LOL) it should be approx 9881MB ?? Not sure if my maths are right as I said, but can anyone tell me what might be the cause of this please?

The site I uploaded the file to0 has other stats for this file, so I am curious.

Cheers and thanks for any advice..

;)

It can be the case if you uploaded a torrent and tracker users have already these files. They have dwled your .torrent and seeded with you.

So fastly a ton of seeders can appear even if you didn't have seeded 100% of data.

Anyway 8 hour seeding, it's a lot and 80MB it's nothing... what is your max UL speed ?

Hmm..

max ul speed is set to 47. (global)

Know for sure the file I upped was not already being shared - did the check before I upped it.

Have noticed a simialr thing with a couple of other private torrents as well, with files that I created and upped to users, so am kinda curious now.

You want to take the paranoid side of things... you like to share content http://mafiaa.org would rather not be shared. Enjoy yourself being watched :P

Btw, this is not uTorrent's doing, it is the tracker reporting the numbers to uTorrent. Are you sure that the content you uploaded is unique? By your numbers you should have a .34 share ratio OR LESS if you have initial seeder mode on (UPLOADED/TOTAL_SIZE).

Moogly - the file upped is definately NOT shared on diff trackers as I have a select group of users that I up this data file too. The file in question would be of no benefit to other ppl on other trackers to be honest as they would need a specific prgramme to open it hehehe, and no, it is nothing illegal immoral or anything likethat ;)

Littlefire - content upped is definately unique. When you talk about share ratio or less, I'm confused, but will get over it. Will check to see if I have initial seeder mode set correctly, should be fine, never even looked at it to be honest, so assume it is automatic when uploading.

As I said, it is a mystery to me, so am interested in what the cause might be for my confusion.

Thanks again all for the input.

;)

Well I switched words around. With initial seeder mode on, the HIGHEST ratio you get when dividing 80 into 241 is .33 and this would be represented by your connected peers as .330 Availability. This would be what you see in the General tab for Ratio and Availability. You also see this if you change to the Peers tab, look at your connected peers % column.

When you DO NOT have initial seeder mode on, the share ratio would remain, as it is simple math, but the AVAILABILITY may not be the same due to the peers requesting duplicate data. In this case your General tab numbers for Ratio and Availability might show a discrepancy.

Archived