Seeding

vallan

Technically you can't "seed" until you are DONE downloading. ;) But be assured you are uploading while you download. If you only want to UPLOAD on a torrent you haven't finished, you need to utilize the Scheduler's "Seed Only" mode. Ctrl-P > Scheduler (for help on how to work it, press F1 in the uT GUI)

By "close" do you mean "STOP"? If you still see it in your list, you can just press START. If you don't normally see things in your list but have NOT used the "remove" button in the toolbar, try pressing F7 a few times to show the category pane. Then press "ALL"... your torrent should be listed there :) (As with Scheduler, the Manual accessible from F1 in the GUI has all sorts of data Ultima has collected for perusal)

I guess I meant "stop", just used the wrong word...lol! Too bad you can't seed while downloading, might eliminate so many "leechers" no doubt :) So is there any way I can reseed something I have closed? Do I have to change the format of my downloaded file, because its not a .torrent format once its finished and stopped is it? Thank you for replying thelittlefire :)

Of course you can reseed data you downloaded 1 week ago... or 2 years ago even if you have removed the torrent from uT or reinstalled uT (or another bitto client) meanwhile.

You have the side "data" and the other side "bittorrent client", the 2nd one is just a tool to obtain the first one but it's completely disconnected.

So if you removed (remove button) a torrent job, the .torrent file is still here with your data. Just control AppData folder (see FAQ for more info) to reload the .torrent in uT (choose the folder where are your complete data and ressed).

But if you used "remove .torrent", data are still here but not the .torrent file. So retrieve it on the tracker website and reload it in uT as previously.

In ALL the cases you dont need to modify your data (format or stg else...). Just reload the corresponding .torrent.

Archived