uTorrent suddenly stopped working..

xBleedingSoulx

I've been using uTorrent for a couple of years now and never had any problems up untill yesterday.

It was downloading fine until I had to restart my computer, after the restart it connected to around 1/200 seeds/peers and the download speed was next to nothing but the green Icon was still on.

To try and fix this I reformatted my computer but still it was not connecting to many seeds or peers, I left uTorrent on over night and for some reason in the night my download started and finished, I closed uTorrent and realised I needed to download somthing else.

So I loaded up the torrent and waited for it to connect... but the little green icon didn't appear, it just stayed on the yellow exclamation mark and it wouldn't connect to ANY seeds or peers, it has been like this for a few hours now and I've tried everything I can think of to try and fix this problem, to no avail.

- I've unforwarded and re-forwarded 3 different ports.. all 3 are doing the same thing.

- I've unadded and re-added uTorrent to Windows Firewall Exceptions.

- I've uninstalled and re-installed uTorrent.

- I've tried using Azeurus, but got the same problem.

- I've restarted my computer several times.

- I've disabled windows firewall

I really don't understand what is causing this problem or what else to try, any suggestions/help is appreciated.

Thankyou

Jamie.

You're not alone.

Your ISP (Carphone Warehouse Broadband Services -- which resells internet access to AOL and others) is COMPLETELY hostile to BitTorrent traffic:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=46778

You can try going through the troubleshooting steps in 1st link of my signature.

...And use my alternate Speed Guide (2nd link in my signature) to use more conservative settings that maybe will help a tiny bit.

Also, you'll probably have to FORCE outgoing encryption and disable incoming legacy (unencrypted) connections.

Disabling these also may help: DHT, LPD, Resolve IPs.

Archived