Clarification of definition of a seeder or peer

TetherSpout

Does someone who has chosen to download only a portion of the files in a torrent, and is now seeding those files and not downloading any more, count in the Seeds column or is he still counted as a Peer and only becomes a Seeder if he downloads and seeds the entire torrent?

and,

What precisely is the meaning of the brackets in the Seeds and Peers columns? I'm currently seeding my own torrent (first one) and show up inside the brackets as the one and only seeder. Until now I always thought that numbers outside the brackets reflect active seeders (like me) or peers and that numbers inside the brackets reflect the total pool of active and inactive seeders or peers available, but that's apparently not the case.

and,

Does a seeder also count in the Peers column?

The answers to these questions may be buried somewhere in the documentation or in this forum, but I haven't been able to find them.

Does someone who has chosen to download only a portion of the files in a torrent, and is now seeding those files and not downloading any more, count in the Seeds column or is he still counted as a Peer and only becomes a Seeder if he downloads and seeds the entire torrent?

You are only a seed by definition when you have 100% of all pieces, regardless of what percentage you have.

What precisely is the meaning of the brackets in the Seeds and Peers columns?

Covered in the user manual. Press f1. If it doesn't bring up the manual, upgrade to 1.8.1 and try again.

Does a seeder also count in the Peers column?

No

Archived