UTorrent not downloading, please help!

kellien040904

Hi all,

I'm a new user to Utorrent, but have used other P2P programs in the past.

Basically I can select the torrents, they show up in my browser (or whatever it's called - not up with the lingo). I'm showing as connected to the network but nothing is downloading! I've left it for hours at a time during several different time slots throughout the day/night but nothing seems to be working.

When I first booted up this program a few days ago, my downloads and uploads were working. I then shut the computer and program down after a few hours and since I've gone back into it, nothing is downloading. It only worked the once. I've checked my firewalls and turned off proxy server, but nothing seems to be working.

Originally I selected about 30 odd files with some waiting in line, and I thought that may have "clogged it up" so I've since deleted, all except three files (all of which have heaps of seeds and peers). I've also deleted everything I'd previously selected, uninstalled and reinstalled the program but this doesn't seem to help either.

My dad put me onto the program (and he's a bit of a whiz) but even he's stumped!

Does anyone have any ideas????

Hi again,

Well, I have no idea how I found it but it looks like my bandwith settings were up the whazoo! I found a post from Switeck (Thanks man!) and now we're all systems go.

Thanks anyway guys :-)

Hi there,

I have a problem for two weeks now, and I don't know what's going on or how to fix it. I've got Vista Home Premium on my PC; everything was good until 2 weeks ago , and since then I CAN'T download any torrent, on any program. It doesn't metter if I use UTorrent, BitTorrent, BitComet....they are not working. And they all work correctly until then. I just don't know what to do. All the arrows are red, and the availability is red too...on all torrents. I've got new torrents...nothing. I even uninstalled all the torrent programs, and installed them again....NOTHING !

Please give me an ideea ! Thanks ,

Huanho

In uTorrent, there is a mention in the http://utorrent.com/faq.php about this. Long story short, Click Trackers after selecting your torrent. Copy-Paste the tracker line... it will tell you what's wrong but I think you need to either search or post it here. Just highlight the listvew, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V into a post here.

Have you gone through http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992 and updated all rules for firewall/AV/security software??

Archived