Torrent needed to upload?

Coriolanus

uTorrent automatically creates the torrent file in it's torrent cache (or where you tell it to under Preferences > Directories) When you want to remove it from the client, you can left or right click on the remove button in the toolbar to tell uT what to do. For more information, press F1 to open the user manual.

Ok I found where this stuff is stored. But doesn't this depend on my having the completed file in the directory where I store my torrent file before I process them with Goldwave?

Also I noticed that I have a lot of files from torrents that I never removed. How do you clean up that file and get rid of all the worthless torrents where I have deleted or moved the original download?

You need to keep both the .torrent file and the downloaded files. You also can't alter the files at all. If you do, you need to make a copy first and edit the copy.

When removing a torrent from utorrent, use remove and delete .torrent to delete the .torrent from the the storage folder.

Ok it seems that Utorrent stores *.torren files in 2 places.

1. Place one is the directory I save the torrents too when I downloaded them and where the original downloads are placed.

I usually delete the *.Torrent from this directory manually.

2. A default directory on another drive where it stores my Preferences, setting, DHT.DAT files etc. and also *. Torrent files. I call this Directory 2.

3. Now this folder where dht.dat is kept has copies of torrents which are at least a year old and for whome the original file no longer exits. Can I delete those torrents? They are no longer listed when I start UTorrent-- I guess I removed them without removing the torrent.

How can I clean up this file folder?

Which copy of the *.torrent file does it use to upload and see from? The one in Directory 1 or in Directory 2?

When you dwl a .torrent from the web, you can directly open with uT via your web browser or save a copy in your HD (where you want) then click on it to open it in uT.

This .torrent can be trashed when you have loaded it in uT because uT created a copy in folder "Utorrent" in AppData (with other files such as resume.dat, flags.bmp etc...) by default or in the folder you told in Settings > Directories.

But if you want the torrent job works fine, you may not delete this .torrent.

When you use Remove function, uT deletes the torrent job but not data and not the .torrent in AppData.

But you can do it with "Remove .torrent" function (right click on torrent job) or "Remove .torrent + Data" as you want.

So in your case, if you use only Remove function, the folder with your settings (Dir 2) contains all the old .torrents (these ones no more listed in uT main window). So if you don't think to use them in future (eg reseed), you can trash them.

Are you saying that REMOVE TORRENT +DATA to remove the torrent in the App directory?

I always thought that + DATA meant the files you had downloaded?

Can I manually delete the unneeded *.Torrents in the appdata directory which I can directory 2 which UT creates and maintains?

You can remove all torrents which are NOT currently being used in the torrent list inside uT correct.

Torrent + data is the data you downloaded. Delete torrent is... the torrent. Remove from list is just delete the item from the listvew. ;) Press F1 in the GUI to bring up the user manual. It discusses the remove button and behaviors available.

Archived