porf forwarding problem netgear wgr611v6

45cdo

Hi guys!

My computer is connected to a netgear wgr611v6 router that is connected to a standard conectabox lan modem.

im sudenly getting an error in my utorrent 1.8v that is limiting my download speeds....it says it has a problem that my incoming port isnt forwarded therefore ppl cant connect to me and as a result of this my speed has been efected.

I followed the instructions on http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WGR614v6/Utorrent.htm and also put a static ip on my computer but im getting the same mistake....after i forward the port in my router the little icon in utorrent goes green and says my network is ok but only for a short while then it goes to the error message again...

has anyone else had a similar problem?...and if so how did they fix it?

Regards.

Try upgrading to 1.8.1. If it still doesn't work after that:

after i forward the port in my router the little icon in utorrent goes green and says my network is ok but only for a short while then it goes to the error message again...

Does this happen each time you try to forward? Are you using/trying to use UPnP?

Is eMule port forwarding working now? :P

UPnP allows ports to automatically forward, some routers might be buggy with it though and so you should disable it if you are trying to forward manually, Ctrl+P > Connection > uncheck the UPnP and NAT-PMP options at the top left.

Are you using different ports for each? Has anything changed in your setup since you forwarded eMule, such as a new ISP, new router, new modem, new software, new computer, re-install of Windows, etc.? What are you using for anti-virus and software firewall?

Archived