Diskoverloaded?????

DrRockin

I believe it means your harddrive is having trouble keeping up with your download speed. If you alter the diskio.write_queue_size = -1 in advanced options to a value 2 to 4 times your maximum download speed, it may stop it from happening. So if your maximum download speed is 1024, then set it to 2048. Don't set it below 2048 or above 32768.

I have the same issue with V 1.4 and this did never appear with earlier versions.

I tried to set the write_queue_size to 200 while downloading with 270kB/s, but there was no change.

What's the default buffer size?

I'm pretty sure it is the KAV Virus monitor, which is checking the data in memory,

but as I mentioned, I did not have that issue with earlier versions.

Anybody an idea?

Rgds.

JohnnyB

I know that the default is -1, but how much buffer space is it.

Meanwhile it figured out that 1.4 runs in high utilization before the disk overloaded appears.

It takes up to 99% of the CPU time and seems to block the Disk I/O and by the way the whole system.

I went back to 1.3 util this has been fixed, no issues so far with disk overloaded.

Rgds.

JohnnyB

I have the same issue (XP, Bitdefender v9, max up/dn 75/150). Setting 16384 seems to help (no reoccurrence after a couple minutes, it was happening every 30s before) but one has to wonder why 1.3 didn't exhibit this behaviour :) I have no issue with cpu load at all but I have only 2 seeds/1 leech at the moment.

Wormhole: Maybe worth trying yours at the max 32768.

ok, I tried that and it worked.. no more diskoverload! but I only tried it with two files, then I went down to 16384 and it also works!

what is better generally.. higher or lower values?

*edit*

oh, and I set diskio.coalesce_write to true.. donno if this has anything to do with it..

Firon, I forgot to mention that I don't use Bitdefender firewall, only the AV part. There's definately something strange with 1.4 going on.. I start a new torrent with one already seeding: after 30sec, upload stops completely, only download, then another 30s later upload restarts, and the cycle keep on for a little while... There must have been a major I/O code change to cause many problems to people :/

Archived