I have a strange problem.

Dark_Pirate

I recently installed Farcry 2 - something I highly recommend you don't do!

I will explain - FC2 has SecuROM DRM, this i was not aware of when I installed it (something to avoid like the plague if you are unfarmiliar) My computer started crashing - total lock up, and not while playing FC, all the time - sometimes I got a BSOD. I have uninstalled FC and attempted to remove as much of securom as I can (yet another problem) but the crashes persist. Get this though - only when I have utorrent running? very strange, I'm sure it isn't utorrent causing the problem - it has always worked flawlessly. I'm sure i saw something similar in a forum before I had made the connection myself, but can't find it again.

Does this make any sense at all? I will just reinstall windows if necessary, though I would really rather not, being as i only installed it 3 weeks ago :(

Thanks moogly, but there is no help available there. Besides this does relate to Utorrent - and how it might conflict with securom, and has nothing to do with Farcry as I have uninstalled it and returned it to the shop already. SecurROM on the other hand won't allow itself to be uninstalled, apparently not even with the uninstaller from SecurROM....

Thanks again GTHK, I might have it sorted now - haven't crashed for several hours now after getting rid of a few left overs in my system - I really don't understand why my computer only crashed when utorrent was running, very strange. but at least it kept me on the case until I had every part of securom removed - 3 hours now... and no crash. fingers crossed.

Whats your signature all about? It has be intrigued...

Archived