HELP! norton detects trojan horse

kurosagi

Hi, everyone!

am i the only one having this problem, dont see anyone post problem about this...

it all started when i updated from utorrent 1.7 to 1.8.1, then my norton ketp popping up massage saying it has detected deep throat trojan horse coming from c:\\program file\utorrent.exe.

does 1.8 really have trojan or ??? i mean i really LOVE utorrent HELP!

i once had a similar problem with yahoo mesenger. believe it or not.

Add it to the exceptions list in norton so it stops bugging you. Or just as a precaution (not really needed but still) uninstall utor 1.8 delete all setups & reg keys also chk file types then download a fresh setup file from utor download page, Install. Shouldnt have any problems if you do re-configure norton probably reinstall.

Mike

IF you go the uninstall route be sure to backup your %APPDATA%\uTorrent folder as mentioned in http://utorrent.com/faq.php

Many people post about this. As long as you download uTorrent.exe from http://utorrent.com/download.php they are called "false positives". Haven't heard that name in a while though.. what I remember the best was Back Orifice. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I could remove NORTON all together from my computer. I have another program that works much better.

I read an article in the NY TIMES a year ago that said that it is very difficult to get rid of NORTON, and I wish someone could let me know how to get rid of the files.

PS.. a couble of years ago a newspaper article warned of a major trojan. My computer problems matched the newspaper description and Norton said my computer was fine. My new program STOP found the problem and fixed it. Don't pay attention to Norton. Norton has even blocked my Internet service, all together.

Archived