Help with download speed

Razor5189

I am living in New Zealand and my download speed is AMAZINGLY slow, so slow im downloading at 0.1 - 1 kb/s.

My ISP is telecom and i don't think they are stopping me from downloading at a normal speed so my question is:

What settings can i use on utorrent to make my speed faster? i have been to many websites looking for this info but to no help

I just tested my speed and found out my speed within the country is 1962 kb/s download and 133 kb/s upload

razor5189 don't discount your isp just yet since i have the exact same problem as you and i've found out that my isp starts blocking or shaping my connection after i've been online for more than 24hrs. i know this because i always check my lan icon for my time online when this happens to me and everytime its always over 24 hours but never less than 24hrs so all i have to do to fix it is to turn lan off then reboot my modem and when i come back online i have normal speeds again for another 24 hrs. it isn't just happenning in utorrent its happenning on my email and my browsers as well so i saved myself a lot of time troubleshooting a problem which has nothing to do with the pc or utorrent. turn your lan off via the lan icon then reboot your modem and router as well but (don't) reboot the pc so then if it comes back with normal speeds after rebooting then you will know it has nothing to do with utorrent or even your pc it will be your isp thats doing it to you also. as for a fix i don't know of any but my fix is to make sure i just don't stay online for more than 24 hrs at a time then i'm able to maintain my decent speeds just by disconnecting via my lan icon and rebooting my modem and reconnecting again. i made this post the way it is due to the fact that more and more isps are doing this crap so its the best thing to start out with before trying to troubleshoot a differrent problem which doesn't even exist. give it a try you might be surprised like i was. another shortcut is to just close utorrent and then go to speedeasy dot net / speedtest and if your speed is normal then you know its a utorrent and or a modem router or pc problem.

Archived