Why does utorrent create double torrents in Application Data\uTorrent?

aviramof

if i delete a torrent and then readd them utorrent create a new torrent in Application Data\uTorrent only with numbers

like .1 .2 .3 and etc i don't remember her doing this in previous versions i'm currently using 1.8.1 please fix it or tell

me why that is and thanks in advance.:)

It's been this way since forever. It's far from having been added in any recent version -- AFAIK, even before 1.6. (@thelittlefire: Er, I don't think it has anything to do with completion/moving... O_o)

Do tell, in what way is this "bad"? µTorrent caches .torrent files using the torrent name. Obviously, there are torrents that have identical names, and they can both be loaded simultaneously in µTorrent, so µTorrent has to compensate for that by renaming the newer one so that the older .torrent file doesn't get overwritten.

Perhaps an alternative way to rename would be to append the infohash instead of a number, but what if it ends up overwriting a torrent with the same infohash but different metadata, like trackers or DHT nodes?

Well I must have been thinking of the b.7364 change.

Why don't you like NOT losing your torrent files when multiple ones with the same name are loaded? You would get ERROR: Torrent missing messages otherwise. If any changes like this are made, I'd hope they'd be up to the user which way to store them... such as "original filename" "original name + hash" or "hash only".

Archived