Gone and done it. Scary Email from ISP

SwanginOnFoes

Hi,

I've just recived an email from my ISP saying I broke the fair and acceptable usage policy by downloading something >.< . I very rarely download WHY ME! well, they said to stop or they'll temp halt or stop my service. This download was 2 months ago why did I recive an email so late? :S and what if i get another one for more recent events? I live in the UK, Is the one warning thing then a permenant ban thing still around?

Thanks.

Who's your ISP? Have you looked them up here to see other users with a problem? What about another forum (aka google) to see other experiences?

Hopefully the ISP linked to their FUP/AUP in the email so you can look at it yourself. Many ISPs simply pass on the letters http://mafiaa.org organizations send you. However given the... fragile nature in the UK, and the push for big media to keep itself afloat there have been an upswing in frivolous messages sent out.

I would not reply to any legal document without consulting a lawyer both local to your locality and versed in digital media matters. I would follow any advice the ISP gives in the material they sent you. I would also try to talk to a support person regarding the message if they didn't give you a link to their AUP/FUP at minimum.

• 2 weeks later...

A similar thing happen to me the other day. my ISP turned me off though and left me with a page on FF that said that i had violated a fair and acceptable usage policy and that I needed to call them if i wanted my internet turned back on, So... I called them and they told me it was a movie I had down loaded a fewm bunch of days ago. that movie was Norbit, i mistakenly deleted it before I could open it and look at it for any strange files??? scary...

any one know any files in movies etc... that phone home like that? I'm worried about downloading anymore movies.....

oh yea my ISP is Insight

Archived