Symantec Caught in Norton 'Rootkit' Flap

ScubaSteve

its extremely easy to include royale theme in 2k3 , 2k3 is a great OS but its not exactely the most xp user friendly, you cant simply install it and expect it to run better than xp. After all it does have all hardware acceleration turned off as default. ive seen a few ppl who have got copies and started moaning to me saying theyre games run slow and they cant do certain video editing tasks and such and theyve simply formatted and gone back to xp as its setup for most general multimedia tasks. also your gonna have to change AV/Firewall as quite a few refuse to install/run purely because the av/firewall software creators dont know u may want to use it as a desktop based OS. any kind of windows modding u should definately come on over to Msfns Forum ive been a member over there for quite some time and have picked up loads of things that i never knew before hand. mainly Shrinking down Windows installs and PECD's

"Free the world from M$" Yeah right, Red Hat is owned by IBM. Most people were just trading one corporation for another and not even realizing it. I was around back in the DOS days and frankly I'm glad Microsoft came around, I haven't had any trouble with their products. My XP Pro computer can run for two weeks straight without needing to reboot, while running Azureus. Right now it's been running for a month and a half with only 4 reboots.

People always say "Bill gates has enough money" well my question is this, what about average Joe programmer who actually does the work on these systems? He isn't rich; he's one of the many people that get a little piece of the money that you spend on a copy of an OS. And when you've paid for a legal copy Microsoft is actually quite friendly when you need help. At least in my experience and others I've talked to about this.

/rant

Sorry, but I'm just tired of hearing non-stop garbage about Microsoft mostly from people who are jealous of Bill Gates' money.

Archived