could having too many active torrents simultaneously be causing CRCs?

vesper8

hello. in the past 3 days I've been getting a couple of CRCs.. I know this usually indicates bad sectors on my HD but it's a brand new HD so I'm being hopeful..

could having too many torrents uploading/downloading at the same time be causing CRCs you think?

the odd thing is.. it would seem the files themselves (the .rar archieves) are fine. It's when I unrar them that the CRC happens. and if I unrar them to one of my other hard drives.. the file is good

yea.. a real pain indeed considering i already sold the drive this 300gb replaced and i'd have to lose a lot of data for a rma

i'm gonna run maxtor's powermax utility on it first to see if it detects bad sectors

but otherwise.. does anyone think that just having too much data flowing in and out at the same time? I mean.. on top of having 8 torrents downloading/uploading i was also playing WoW off of that same drive so it made for a lot of incoming/outgoing flows.. can this cause CRCs too sometimes?

thanks for the advice

so.. do you mean that.. running powermax or spinrite could actually worsen the state of my hard drive?

because as it is.. it does function normally 95% of the time.. it hasn't made me crash or done any other weird behavior.. i wanna confirm the bad sectors with spinrite which i've got ready to run now.. but you're not the only one that gave me the impression that finding the booboo make actually worsen it

Archived