K flag

BennyMuller

Another flag thing but hardly dare posting anymore : Somebody in my current swarm with K flag for 2-3 hours. Uploaded > 20 MB and downloaded 256 kB. What good is a K-flag if I keep uploading ? That 20 MB could have been deployed much, much better. Disabled DHT/PEX, just couldn't get rid of him. The peer is using Transmission 1.34. With all other peers up/down is within 30 %.

I've been treated seriously hostile on this board before (id=1715247987). Yet I think it's a relevant question. How to get rid of a peer like that .....

I understand being wary of posting... but since you've no doubt already read the FAQ, you came across http://utorrent.com/faq.php#What_do_all_those_flags_in_the_Flags_column_mean.3F which tells you that "K" means your client isn't interested in that peer's data. You would also see/ascertain that from right clicking on the column headers, and enabling the Relevance column.. if you're not seeding, the other peer's relevance is likely 0.0 (meaning you have all that they do and more). If this is the case nothing can be done.

If you want to remove that peer from your connections you already know how to do it. Hostile? lol, indeed when people come asking for help without doing any research it's very likely depending on who responds and what time of day and the alignment of the stars in the sky you could get embarrassed. What's your linked ID for? It doesn't align to anything on the board.

Archived