Seeding newly created torrent

Geez_Loiuse

uTorrent is not seeding my newly created torrent (private tracker) to my first 2 or 3 connected peers, once i have 4 or 5 peers connected it will start seeding. I have had 1 peer (UIE) connected to a new torrent (force start) for an hour with only bytes transferred? I do not use Initial Seed.

8192/384, ports forwarded correctly (green tick), Global Max.=200; Max per torrent=50; Slots=5; Max active torrents=15; Max active downloads=10, uPNP, NAT, DHT all disabled.

Any settings suggestions on my end which could affect seeding? It must be my settings, as seeding maxs out with enough peers.

Thanks.

Interference can be at either end or any point along the way. :/ Even with the same ISP at both ends the end result may not be the same... see Canada's oligopoly for an example. The shaping methods aren't the same on both coasts nor is it the same in the same territory :(

It's possible you can "fool" some seed-inhibition by faking download traffic with a "trash" torrent like http://slackware.com/torrents/ however it's not a good idea if you are on a quota system from your ISP.

It's possible you can "fool" some seed-inhibition by faking download traffic with a "trash" torrent

Actually i find seeding works better when i do have something dl'ing as opposed to just seeding - why is that?

2nd link in my signature...try the 384 kilobit/second upload settings, which seem to match your connection.

To fight possible ISP interference, disable DHT, LPD, and Resolve IPs.

Also set outgoing encryption to Enabled or FORCED.

Thanks Switeck - i've altered settings for 384kbps, the others i already had set. No difference. I've spoken with an ISP rep, they were very helpful in demonstrating they were not running interference. The private tracker in question doesn't appear to be the problem, i can seed a previously completed torrent (from someone else) to just 1 peer at full speed.

Anyone have any ideas what may be going on?

Archived