Pass port forwarding test but no incoming connections.

fox

I have been using a wireless service (Always On Wireless) and was told that I could use port 20 with mtorrent. After setting this in mtorrent I ran the new port forwarding test and happily got the message

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 21 on 68.127.222.2...

OK! Port 21 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

But then After down loading for a while I checked the statistics and was told that zero incoming connections had been made. I tried turning off my Norton protection but it made no difference. I'm using windows xp 2 but would have expected that passing the port forwarding test would have meant that I would be able to receive incoming connections given whatever system, configuration, etc. I used when I ran the test. What could I be missing? I also still get NAT error after running a few minutes.

Excuse me, I meant to say port 21 in all cases.

I set mtorrent for port 21, pass the new port forwarding test for port 21 but am told by the statistics information that no incoming connections are being made Under what circumstances can one pass the port forwarding test and still not be able to make inconimg connections?

So far as I know there isn't an ftp program running in background but I'm not really familiar with such things. I do believe that the port may be used for "something else" in general but I don't know how this relates to other users or other programs that I'm using. It seems like there may be no end to the spectrum of difficulties in setting up ptp operation. I had hoped that getting clearance to "use a port" and passing the forwarding test would put me "home free". On the other hand "Its always darkest.......

Archived