IPFilter.dat does not block outbound connections

jtalk

Accordning to my PeerGuardian logs, IPFilter.dat is blocking IP addresses of inbound but not outbound connections

I use PeerGuardian and noticed an IP address was regularly appearing in the PeerGuardian log with both inbound and outbound connection attempts. I decided to add this IP address to the uTorrent IPFIlter.dat file. I used BlockList Manager to add the IP address manually to a new IPFilter.dat file and put it in correct uTorrent directory. On restarting uTorrent, the uTorrent log shows the IP addresses being loaded from the IPFilter.dat file.

However, on monitoring the PeerGuardian logs, I still see outbound connections to the IP Address I wanted blocked. This is a defect in uTorrent.

I think what happens is that the IP address is included in the peer lists downloaded from torrent trackers. Then uTorrent makes an outbound connection without checking against the blocked IP addresses from the IPFilter.dat file. This makes the IPFilter.data file ineffective.

The details of this problem.

I am using uTorrent 1.8.1. The IP address that I wanted to block was '209.50.48.13'. I see in the PeerGuardian logs that it blocked attempts for outbound connections to this IP address on ports 80 and 4315 (not that the ports matter).

An extract from my IPFilter.dat file has the lines:

209.050.024.176 - 209.050.024.183 , 000 , Merrill Lynch
209.050.048.000 - 209.050.063.255 , 000 , Discovery Networks International Inc
209.050.105.000 - 209.050.105.255 , 000 , Headland Digital Media

This file was generated by BlockList Manager 2.7.7 and exported using the format 'eMule/Donk'. The uTorrent FAQ does not recommend leading '0's on IP addresses but says it is compatible with this format.

On starting uTorrent, I get the first log file entry of:

[2008-11-09 13:51:39]  Loaded ipfilter.dat (242670 entries)

So I expect that the IPFilter.dat file loaded correctly.

Anything else I should check?

I am using DHT.

The connections to the IP address that I wanted to block was using TCP (DHT uses both UDP and TCP?).

But, similar to a firewall, I would expect an IP filter software module to filter independent of of the use of the IP connection. It should filter all connections of any IP protocol from any function in uTorrent if the destination IP address is included in the blocked list.

Would you agree?

I didn't think DHT was a part of the function. You have no control over what DHT nodes you connect to unless you could somehow change your I.D. Is that even possible?... DHT packets are transferred via UDP, and soon more traffic will go out on UDP. If this is a problem now, it should definitely be looked at before that happens.

You have no control over who eventually receives your DHT query, but you can still control who you directly send the query to.

For the purposes of plausible deniability (or whatever reason people use PG2 for), that seems okay to me, considering the fact that there is no guarantee that a packet not coming directly from you was not forged to make it seem as if you were querying something you in fact never queried for. So just because an undesirable node receives your query doesn't make you any more a target -- no more and no less than when they receive your IP in a tracker peer list.

If it's not for privacy reasons, but just because you don't wish to connect to those IPs... well, there's nothing you can do about your own IPs reaching those unwanted IPs in any situation anyhow, so not being able to prevent it in the case of DHT queries propogating through the network won't make a difference anyhow.

Knowing that µTorrent isn't talking directly to the IPs for any kind of peer communication, when you specifically tell it not to, is much (and as little) as anyone should expect. UDP vs TCP is not a non-issue in this respect.

Hi Ultima

That was a comprehensive and fair comment on the expectations and limitations of IPFilter.dat filtering.

I started uTorrent and disabled DHT in the BitTorrent options in the Preferences. I restarted uTorrent and found a couple of torrents. I added these torrents to uTorrent and monitored the PeerGuardian logs.

Even without DHT, I am still seeing outbound connections to IP addresses that should be blocked. On the two torrents, DHT and Local Peer Discovery are disabled and one torrent has Peer Exchange as inactive. Both torrents have multiple trackers using 'http://'.

From a sorta high level viewpoint, the only difference between UDP and TCP is that the latter has a bit more reliability checking built in, as well as having a sense of connectedness (in the form of a connection, naturally :P). Both UDP and TCP need to have a originating address and destination address, right? If ipfilter.dat says not to "connect" (communicate) with a certain IP, then packets originating from that IP should be ignored, and packets destined for that IP should never be sent.

@jtalk: Are you sure the connection is actually coming from µTorrent? It doesn't make sense to me that PG would stop logging incoming connections from the IP just because the IP was added to ipfilter.dat. ipfilter.dat does not stop the other IP from connecting. It only stops µTorrent from accepting such an incoming connection, so even if the IP is added to ipfilter.dat, you should very much expect that connections are still attempted from the remote IP -- just that µTorrent doesn't actually connect to it.

@Ultima

I am sure that the connections are coming from uTorrent. I started the computer and left it for a while. I used a few applications and shut them down. The IP address that I named before did not show up in the PeerGuardian logs.

I started uTorrent and no problem. I add a torrent file and the IP address that I named showed in the PeerGuardian logs as outbound connections where the source was 192.168.x.x and the destination was 209.50.48.13:80.

As for inbound connections from that address, I think I was wrong. I have since learnt to use the search logs of PeerGuardian rather than manually inspect them and I could not find where the above IP address was a source. Sorry for the confusion.

I would still like uTorrent to not attempt to connect to IP addresses (source or destination) that a listed in the IPFilter.dat file.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting.

I came across this topic when I did a google search for 209.50.48.13

I'm having the same problem as you...except I'm using Azureus.

I'm a long-time user of peerguardian, but today I decided to try running the IP filters directly through Azureus. I kept PG2 running, to see if it would catch anything that slipped by the IP filters. Sure enough, there are numerous outbound connection attempts to 209.50.48.13.

I hope it's not inappropriate for me to post about this, given that it's not an issue with uTorrent (at least in my case). I'm just hoping to further the discussion and perhaps find a reason behind this rather puzzling problem.

I suppose it would be pertinent for users affected to post diagnostics logs for investigation...

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

It may well be malware at work here (would explain the lack of sense I'm experiencing here).

Perhaps Wireshark logs as well, so we can inspect the contents of the packet.

Ok, I have HJT and procxp log files. Is there a way to attach the files, or should I just copy/paste the text?

Also, here's some other information about my system, in case it's relevant:

WinXP MCE SP3

Peerguardian is version 2.0 beta 6b

Azureus is version 4.0.0.0

Java is version 6 update 7

Background programs running:

ZoneAlarm 7.0.483

Symantec A/V 10.1.4.4000

Folding@home 6.20

OK, here are my logfiles. Also, a potentially important detail I forgot to mention--I have Alcohol 120% installed. I know that sometimes causes strange issues. I'm going to do some testing (turning off ZoneAlarm, etc) and see if the problem still occurs.

This is the HJT log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 3:56:58 PM, on 11/21/2008

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe

C:\Utilities\Management\Symantec Antivirus\DefWatch.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\Utilities\Management\Symantec Antivirus\Rtvscan.exe

C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe

C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe

C:\UTILIT~1\MANAGE~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe

C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe

C:\Utilities\Networking\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Utilities\Networking\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe

C:\Program Files\Folding@home\Folding@home-x86\Folding@home.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Application Data\Folding@home-x86\FahCore_78.exe

C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe

C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe

C:\Utilities\Media\Winamp\winamp.exe

C:\Utilities\Management\2xExplorer.exe

C:\Utilities\Management\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\UTILIT~1\MANAGE~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [startCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Utilities\Networking\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PeerGuardian] C:\Utilities\Networking\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe

O4 - Startup: Folding@home.lnk = ?

O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1224120113890

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utilities\Management\Symantec Antivirus\DefWatch.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE

O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 4.0 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Nero BackItUp 4\NBService.exe

O23 - Service: SiSoftware Deployment Agent Service (SandraAgentSrv) - SiSoftware - C:\Utilities\Management\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2009\RpcAgentSrv.exe

O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Utilities\Management\Symantec Antivirus\SavRoam.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utilities\Management\Symantec Antivirus\Rtvscan.exe

O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

--

End of file - 6289 bytes

And the log from procxp:

Process PID CPU Description Company Name

System Idle Process 0 72.86

Interrupts n/a Hardware Interrupts

DPCs n/a Deferred Procedure Calls

System 4

smss.exe 732 Windows NT Session Manager Microsoft Corporation

csrss.exe 780 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation

winlogon.exe 812 Windows NT Logon Application Microsoft Corporation

services.exe 856 Services and Controller app Microsoft Corporation

ati2evxx.exe 1048 ATI External Event Utility EXE Module ATI Technologies Inc.

svchost.exe 1068 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

ehmsas.exe 3328 Media Center Media Status Aggregator Service Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1132 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1236 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1328 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1396 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

vsmon.exe 1436 TrueVector Service Zone Labs, LLC

ccSetMgr.exe 620 Symantec Settings Manager Service Symantec Corporation

ccEvtMgr.exe 752 Symantec Event Manager Service Symantec Corporation

SPBBCSvc.exe 1284 SPBBC Service Symantec Corporation

spoolsv.exe 1364 Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation

cisvc.exe 244 Content Index service Microsoft Corporation

cidaemon.exe 2660 Indexing Service filter daemon Microsoft Corporation

DefWatch.exe 428 Virus Definition Daemon Symantec Corporation

svchost.exe 1728 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1972 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

Rtvscan.exe 2092 Symantec AntiVirus Symantec Corporation

mcrdsvc.exe 2340 MCRD Device Service Microsoft Corporation

ehSched.exe 3444 Media Center Scheduler Service Microsoft Corporation

alg.exe 3560 Application Layer Gateway Service Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1884 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

dllhost.exe 3284 COM Surrogate Microsoft Corporation

lsass.exe 868 LSA Shell (Export Version) Microsoft Corporation

ati2evxx.exe 1484 ATI External Event Utility EXE Module ATI Technologies Inc.

explorer.exe 300 Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation

ehtray.exe 1324 Media Center Tray Applet Microsoft Corporation

RTHDCPL.exe 1764 Realtek HD Audio Control Panel Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

ccApp.exe 1780 Symantec User Session Symantec Corporation

VPTray.exe 1788 Symantec AntiVirus Symantec Corporation

zlclient.exe 1808 ZoneAlarm Client Zone Labs, LLC

ctfmon.exe 1816 CTF Loader Microsoft Corporation

pg2.exe 1824 PeerGuardian 2 Methlabs

Folding@home.exe 1876

FahCore_78.exe 2164 25.00

firefox.exe 2752 Firefox Mozilla Corporation

thunderbird.exe 2732 Mozilla Thunderbird Mozilla Corporation

Azureus.exe 2560 Vuze Inc.

procexp.exe 2796 2.14 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

MOM.exe 1840 Catalyst Control Center: Monitoring program Advanced Micro Devices Inc.

CCC.exe 2912 Catalyst Control Centre: Host application ATI Technologies Inc.

Process: Azureus.exe Pid: 2560

Name Description Company Name Version

ACTIVEDS.dll ADs Router Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

adsldpc.dll ADs LDAP Provider C DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

ADVAPI32.DLL Advanced Windows 32 Base API Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

aereg.dll

appHelp.dll Application Compatibility Client Library Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

ATL.DLL ATL Module for Windows XP (Unicode) Microsoft Corporation 3.05.2284.0001

Azureus.exe Vuze Inc. 4.00.0000.0000

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

classes.jsa

CLBCATQ.DLL Microsoft Corporation 2001.12.4414.0700

COMCTL32.DLL User Experience Controls Library Microsoft Corporation 6.00.2900.5512

comdlg32.dll Common Dialogs DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.00.2900.5512

COMRes.dll Microsoft Corporation 2001.12.4414.0700

CRYPT32.dll Crypto API32 Microsoft Corporation 5.131.2600.5512

CSCDLL.dll Offline Network Agent Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

cscui.dll Client Side Caching UI Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

ctype.nls

DNSAPI.dll DNS Client API DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5625

GDI32.dll GDI Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

hnetcfg.dll Home Networking Configuration Manager Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

hpi.dll Java Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc. 6.00.0070.0006

iertutil.dll Run time utility for Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation 7.00.6000.16735

IMM32.DLL Windows XP IMM32 API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

iphlpapi.dll IP Helper API Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

java.dll Java Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc. 6.00.0070.0006

jvm.dll Java HotSpot Client VM Sun Microsystems, Inc. 10.00.0000.0023

kernel32.dll Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

locale.nls

management.dll Java Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc. 6.00.0070.0006

mdnsNSP.dll Bonjour Namespace Provider Apple Inc. 1.00.0005.0011

MPRAPI.dll Windows NT MP Router Administration DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

MSASN1.dll ASN.1 Runtime APIs Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

MSCTF.dll MSCTF Server DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

msctfime.ime Microsoft Text Frame Work Service IME Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

msimg32.dll GDIEXT Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

MSVCP60.dll Microsoft ® C++ Runtime Library Microsoft Corporation 6.02.3104.0000

MSVCR71.dll Microsoft® C Runtime Library Microsoft Corporation 7.10.3052.0004

msvcrt.dll Windows NT CRT DLL Microsoft Corporation 7.00.2600.5512

mswsock.dll Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5625

net.dll Java Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc. 6.00.0070.0006

netapi32.dll Net Win32 API DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5694

nio.dll Java Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc. 6.00.0070.0006

Normaliz.dll Unicode Normalization DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.00.5441.0000

ntdll.dll NT Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

ole32.dll Microsoft OLE for Windows Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

oleacc.dll Active Accessibility Core Component Microsoft Corporation 4.02.5406.0000

oleaccrc.dll Active Accessibility Resource DLL Microsoft Corporation 4.02.5406.0000

OLEAUT32.dll Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

PSAPI.DLL Process Status Helper Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

rasadhlp.dll Remote Access AutoDial Helper Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

RPCRT4.dll Remote Procedure Call Runtime Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

rsaenh.dll Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5507

rtutils.dll Routing Utilities Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

SAMLIB.dll SAM Library DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

Secur32.dll Security Support Provider Interface Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

SETUPAPI.dll Windows Setup API Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

SHELL32.DLL Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation 6.00.2900.5512

SHLWAPI.dll Shell Light-weight Utility Library Microsoft Corporation 6.00.2900.5512

sortkey.nls

sorttbls.nls

sunmscapi.dll Java Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc. 6.00.0070.0006

swt-win32-3448.dll SWT for Windows native library Eclipse Foundation 3.04.0004.0008

unicode.nls

USER32.dll Windows XP USER API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

USERENV.dll Userenv Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

USP10.dll Uniscribe Unicode script processor Microsoft Corporation 1.420.2600.5512

uxtheme.dll Microsoft UxTheme Library Microsoft Corporation 6.00.2900.5512

verify.dll Java Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc. 6.00.0070.0006

VERSION.dll Version Checking and File Installation Libraries Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

WININET.dll Internet Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation 7.00.6000.16735

WINMM.dll MCI API DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

winrnr.dll LDAP RnR Provider DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

WLDAP32.dll Win32 LDAP API DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

WS2_32.dll Windows Socket 2.0 32-Bit DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

WS2HELP.dll Windows Socket 2.0 Helper for Windows NT Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

wshtcpip.dll Windows Sockets Helper DLL Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

xpsp2res.dll Service Pack 2 Messages Microsoft Corporation 5.01.2600.5512

zip.dll Java Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc. 6.00.0070.0006

I'm not currently running uTorrent. I am not the OP of this topic. As I've said multiple times, I'm not interested in Azureus support, I'm simply trying to contribute in a constructive manner, since I've experienced the same (apparently rare) problem as the OP. Feel free to ignore my posts if you want to blame the problem on Azureus. Given that this is the only place on the internet where a discussion of the particular IPs in question is occurring, I thought it would be helpful to post my findings.

If it comes down to it, I could get uTorrent, load the same torrents and IPfilters, and see if the problem still occurs. Right now, though, I'm more interested to find out more about the OP's configuration, to see what we have in common.

Archived