Recomended time for seeding after download.

Nosnibor

Seed as long as you can. Especially for niche content. I have even found old archives and seeded them for a few days after not touching them for months. Every bit helps.

As for my default queue options, I use 6 hours and 1.25 ratio. Even though on my upload a usual file takes at LEAST 24, for those smaller files I don't want it to run past overnight usually.

Torrents with no other seeds need all the help they can get.

When you leave a torrent like that, chances are NOBODY else will be able to complete the download. :(

Torrents with lots of seeds...well, it's still customary to seed back as much as you got. But if it's a choice between seeding an overseeded torrent or a torrent with no seeds, go with the no seeds one if they're both public torrents. Private torrents on private trackers should be able to take care of themselves and you already are forced to seed there according to their rules...or be banned.

Yeah, on public sites, I just stick around longer if needed. If it's a 3MB file and there are 500 seeders and 2 leechers(which doesn't happen much publicly :P) I wouldn't worry about it much. However, I usually try to seed at least 1.25 ratio of each torrent. If there are plenty of seeders and no one is leeching and I still don't have a good ratio after a few days, I'll ditch it. It just depends. Use common sense and consideration.

I use a dedicated hard drive for torrenting. There's a couple reasons I do this. 1) p2p sharing causes a lot of hdd activity, less wear on a drive where you have crucial data, 2) I don't have to worry about organizing the content, when a torrent is finished, I copy the content to my media drive and organize it there. Buying an extra drive is more of a cost of course, but it helps keeping sharing and organizing simple. Hard drives, as well as most software now, are dirt cheap anyways. I don't make much money, but I consider it a priority if I'm going to be mooching.

To "thelittlefire", you said........Seed as long as you can. Especially for niche content. I have even found old archives and seeded them for a few days after not touching them for months. Every bit helps.

As for my default queue options, I use 6 hours and 1.25 ratio. Even though on my upload a usual file takes at LEAST 24, for those smaller files I don't want it to run past overnight usually.

~*Kristy*~ Im Schatten sah ich @}-,-`-. Ein Blümchen stehn, @}-,-`-. Wie Sterne leuchtend @}-,-`-. Wie Äuglein schön.

K I'm not that experenced with "uTorrent" or the settings so MOST settings are set to default. Could you tell me what is "niche content" and "default queue options" and I'm not sure about "I use 6 hours and 1.25 ratio" And i've never uploaded a torrent....YET. I'm not even sure where to start :(

Regarding my seeding, I leave them up for quite some time (I know, that's a big ambiguous). My problem is that I organize my stuff a lot. I'll run certain files through various programs which will rename them, download certain related media (i.e. pictures, et al), and re-organize them. I would love to leave them available for, well, ever since the seeders were nice enough to let me be a mooch. I figure I can do someone else the favour.

I suppose if I had to give a quantifiable answer, I will leave them available for about a week, then I'll sort, shuffle, and rename. I have rather eclectic tastes and I've found that what I want, no one else does. I'll usually have to request a seed, then once I'm done, my ratio will stay at or near zero, since no one else cares about what I've got. Oh well. Their loss. :P nyah

Archived