Just something I noticed last night.....

BlackLion

I was on a torrent and just for kicks checked the peers (I dont do that much), I was extremely surprised to see this:

µtorrent-b.gif

this was on a large private tracker that has the Comet banned. I was surprised to see so much µT usage but pleased to see that more are tying out teh µ and are finding out how nice it is.

He's saying that if everyone uses µTorrent, nobody will want to swap, and therefore no better clients will be made. Doesn't make 100% sense to me, but I guess that if it weren't for BC it's possible that we would have never got the idea of PHE, and there would be no way for users that find it helpful to bypass ISP restrictions.

If a better client comes along, I'm sure a lot of people would switch. (Not that I can see that happening.)

Firon knows what tracker it is :D Its a large and well-known private tracker. Of course they have all versions of the Comet banned ATM so that is just more room for teh µ. Also let me take this opportunity to mimic my good buddy 1c3d0g:

Daaaaamn, I dont know what ludde did to teh µ but it really really is teh r0xX0rZ right now, easily preforming as well as the Phrogg on my machines top to bottom. Big ups to the dev krew. I am well pleased with it.

Hmm, before everyone goes off to wonderland.. uTorrent 1.4 with DHT + Private flag hacked is out.

I wouldnt trust that list completly...

But I gotta congratulate the devs for a well done job, the application is getting better by the day.

Slim, and upgraded to the better. I hop between az, ut and bc these days... cause I cant decide sometimes :)

az, for those loooong jobs

ut, light as a feather

bc, olden goldie

Hmm, before everyone goes off to wonderland.. uTorrent 1.4 with DHT + Private flag hacked is out.

I wouldnt trust that list completly...

traxen........im gonna say it because its true.....and im gonna quote one of the moderators on this one:

You are a troll. GO AWAY.

Have you ever said anything that wasnt inflammatory????

.....just checking.

Have you ever said anything that wasnt inflammatory????

That was most definetly flammatory, but it cant be any other since its the truth and it will turn your list, feelings around.

I can then only be a projected target for those feelings cause I pointed at something you dont wanna hear about. Its a "fact" ;)

Still remains.. that it got made and is leaking out there.

/yours truly troll

I definitely get the impression that you like to keep things stirred up and will choose to ignore you in the future. The mods are more than capable of handling you.

You have posted in only three threads and every single one of them have you in the instigator role.

peace.

Dont trust any peer on your list, EVER. Azureus is open source, So it BitTornado, So is mainline. Hack it all you want. Infact, Just write a program to modify the sent packets and be done with it, There, Not even client dependent. Any claim of hacks against a client is just absurd. Now, When the client exhibits INTERNAL bad behavior, Thats something else.

Hmm, before everyone goes off to wonderland.. uTorrent 1.4 with DHT + Private flag hacked is out. I wouldnt trust that list completly...

I don't consider this trolling, personally, since it is useful to know that someone has released a hacked version of µT 1.4. (Silverfire, I consider it hacking, because you're not attacking the person against which you're trying to "damage" - you're attacking µT.)

But "not trusting the list" is bullshit. If someone's using hacked µT it still makes them a µT user, albeit a disruptive one (similar to someone using µT to leech 100s of gigs off a private tracker without seeding it back). It's not µT's problem. Having said that, other clients faking as µT (BC with the fakeid patch, hacked Azureus that I know of) could skew the list - though that isn't µT's fault either. (But if you're looking at the list in µT, I think that it can detect most if not all of these fakes - eg. [FAKE] µTorrent/1220.)

Archived