Torrent info not showing upon restart

FOTD

I upgraded to a new version of Utorrent the other day. Ever since then, frequently, though not always, I will turn off Utorrent, then restart it and none of my torrents appear. I then have to go and manually click on each .torrent file to restart it. The data is all there still and what I have downloaded, but just a blank screen upon start up.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

FOTD

Thanks DreadWingKnight.

I believe that has done the trick at least so far.

I have another issue with this new dl of Utorrent. I am rarely ever getting a green light for seeding. I have the port forwarded. It was a different port than my last version. It goes from red, to yellow and once in a while goes green but mainly not.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

FOTD

There are reports of this... if you have trouble with problems persistently... i.e. you add a torrent, and close (don't even start it) but the file does not show up next time you start it's possible you don't have write access in the .DAT file directory. In the event you still have need to re-add old torrents this is a pretty thorough guide for re-adding torrents to recreate a "corrupted resume.dat" http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=287849#p287849

Note the "" is search term most commonly used to find/help people with these sorts of problems.

Try loading the .BAD files into http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 what happens? :/ How old is the settings.dat.old ? What size is and when was settings.dat.resume .. that's the file which is the placeholder in the sequential operations.

Torrent info (main list view) is stored in resume.dat/old Do you have any RESUME.* files?

I think I might be having a similar problem. Up until about 20 minutes ago, I had utorrent running for a few days without error, and I check the status of the torrents periodically, but not 2 minutes after I checked, left for a minute, then came back, most of them dissapeared. At first I just figured it was my computer being a slow piece of garbage, so I restarted it. When I restarted the computer and utorrent, I reloaded all the files for utorrent to check the status on before continuing to finish downloading them, and almost immediatly after checking, they'd vanish (even the ones I was seeding), though I've seen a few reappear and dissapear again.

Someone is going to have to explain this to me like you would a four year old because I'm pretty new at this stuff.

By the way, it still says it's downloading at about 70-80kb/sec, even though the few torrents that it's still showing aren't totaling even a quarter that. So, the files are still down/uploading correctly?

EDIT: Nevermind, I screwed around with the settings, doing god knows what, and it seems fixed...for now.

FOTD: Can you try loading the resume file into Ultima's tool? Under [ROOT] it says how many torrents that file says uT has loaded... Does it match at all what you see in the window at the time (it's updated every 30 seconds).

lookaname: unrelated problem. Torrents don't disappear while uT is running unless someone does it. FIRST be sure you're looking at the right category (F7).. if you're not on ALL, change there check your torrents.

Ok, I loaded it, and it says 5 and right now Utorrent has those 5 running.

Or are you saying I should wait until it does not restart properly and then do that>

Also, after I posted last time I found like 20 .bad files which I deleted.

Thank you for your help so far.

FOTD

Wanted to bump this up and see if I can get some more feedback please?

Thanks

Apologies for the delay. I have had spotty internet :/

Continuing from before...If resume.dat shows the same data as the [ROOT] item in Ultima's editor there is no discrepancy. Are you sure you're not viewing the "Active" category in F7?

The original assumption was that your resume.dat was overwritten each restart by a blank (< 1 KiB) resume.dat

To eliminate the continual problems with settings.dat.bad files delete the settings.dat.resume. I don't see any other alternative.

It doesn't happen every time. In fact it has not happened again since we started talking. I found a bunch of bad.dats like twenty something of them and deleted them all and now it has not happened.

So where you are saying "each restart", it was never each one. Only every once in a while.

FOTD

Archived