how does rss reader deal with episode numbers.

crz_06

But '?' can't be nothing right? to bad, it would be nice if it was like in lua

I think it should be like the program language lua...:

S?0?2E?X?16

...which works for these:

S02E16

S2E16

02x16

2x16

What it means in lua, is that the letter or sign before '?' can appear 1 time or 0 times.

the thing with '?' means any single letter/sign, you can use '*' instead.

Sure it means more than 1 sign/letter, but why have two wildcard that means 'any letter/sign'?

Sure it means more than 1 sign/letter, but why have two wildcard that means 'any letter/sign'?

Because... ?=any single char , * = any char(s) or none.

and I should have written only :

*2*16*

which also works for the above...

and the series name may be in front: *name*2*16*

I'm sure there are lot's of other conventions, this one is used by M$...

'?' is only faster '*' thats all + it can't be "nothing", the way lua does it is better,

A suggestion, which I think is more practical:

$ = a single char (can be another sign)

? = the char before it can appear 1 time or 0 times.

* = any char(s) or none.

made a small attempt to improve the FAQ entry,

but because I don't know how it should be shaped in the FAQ,

I haven't fixed the lenght of each line. Made most changes is the end,

but I also made a few changes in the beginning of the FAQ entry:

Yes, as of 1.3.1 beta build 374 it does support RSS. It supports links in <guid>, <link>, and <enclosure url>. It will NOT work for feeds that link to HTML pages instead of the torrent! µTorrent's RSS also supports basic HTTP authentication and cookies.

To use HTTP authentication, simply use this format for the feed URL:

http://username:password@sometorrentsite.com/rss.php

To use feeds that require cookies, you must find the cookie for the site, and grab UID and pass from it. IE users will find their cookies in %UserProfile%\Cookies; Firefox users will find their cookies in Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cookies -> View Cookies; Opera users will find their cookies in Tools -> Advanced -> Cookies, but they must scroll down manually, find doesn't work; users of other browsers will have to read the documentation to find it.

Once you have the appropriate information, use this format for the feed URL:

http://sometorrentsite.com/rss.php:COOKIE:uid=1234;pass=asdjh12378912y3lkj

However, some sites do not use uid and pass as the variables, or use additional ones, so you MUST use the exact variable name and the extra variables they specify! For example, on a certain site, it uses id, password, and secure as the cookie variables you must use.

To automatically download specific torrents from a feed, you can use Favorites to specify your own filters to grab torrents. It does NOT support regular expressions. The allowed wildcards are * ? and |. |, explaination =

* any char(s) or none

? any single char

| used to specify a multiple matches in one filter. For example: H264*|xvid*|AC3 to auto-download all torrents that are either H264, XviD, or have AC3 audio.

Episode number box is used to download only specific ep numbers and it does support ranges, for example of what you should type:

1x12

1x12-14

"Filter matches the original name instead of the decoded name" is so that you can match based off what the original name is in the feed, instead of µTorrent's parsed result.

Archived