uTorrent vs bitcomet

oxygenuk

You can't really compare speeds between clients so easily. I would suggest trying it out for yourself and see what kind of performance you would get. What is static, Is that uTorrent definitly uses less CPU and memory, not only when its working, but also when its idle and generally overtime, where other clients like azureus tend to really become problametic is the java virtual machine doesnt release memory so good.

seems it depends on a lot of things. utorrent can give great results with not-too-busy trackers and not-too-many-peers but in other cases, Bitcomet always gives me far better results...

I know, that's not the case for everyone, don't flame me :lol:

Another thing I noticed is when I try to dld torrents on very busy trackers (let's say chinese ones), utorrent literally "forgets" to upload :

for instance, I seed some stuff at 30ko/sec on a quick-responding private tracker without any problem & when I add a chinese torrent, my uploads falls to Zero, even if I didn't start to upload something on the chinese torrent... Tested several times. I really think there's (still) a problem with massive peers management in utorrent

Thats a very bad habit, Asking a developer when he's going to release something ;)

That doesn't just apply to developers either ^_^ Asking fansubbers about release times/dates usually gets you killed pretty quickly XD.

and most likely will delay release with atleast few hours :P

some fansubbers are strict on that...

now wtf is taking so long to release subbed Bleach 52&53?!?!?! :P

Absolutely no choice whatsoever!

uTorrent wins my vote every single time

Im currently trialling uTorrent, but after what i've both read, AND experienced with BitComet, you'll never convince me to use that cheating lameware product!

Wrote a lot of articles about how it cheats unfairly, how its default settings are VERY BAD for private trackers

And bitlord *shudders violently* anyone using that, is just a damned sheep!... Read up on your clients, and you'd understand a lot more about them

UTORRENT! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I think the converstion from bitcomet to utorrent will be slow because what I have heard from my friends, bitcomet uses like 1-3% in cpu and 10 MB in memory, which most of my friends thinks is ok :rolleyes:
1-3%....is that what you heard??....what are they doing, downloading one 10MB torrent at a time?? load up 5 nice-sized torrents and ctr-alt-del and see what you have....if you havent used 125-175MB then you prolly dont have that much RAM LOL j/k but seriously the Comet is MUCH more greedy than THAT, if it wasnt this forum would not be full of ex-Comet users, of which I am one.

Yeah, I'm with Lion on this one, Bitcomet doesn't have that low of an imprint, at least not under win 98 (which is what I'm using).

However, it could work more/less efficient on different windows platforms perhaps... but still, it sounds fishy to me.

One of the things that have left me curious is whether uTorrent does some sort of smart file allocating like BitComet does. For example, downloading a torrent at 100kB/s. Then the speed goes to 1mB/s. BitComet knows how fast it is transfering and changes piece size or something like that.

To put it breif, does uTorrent do this, or will it in the future?

Hm, that sounds like an interesting idea (I never actually knew BitComet did that). I don't think µTorrent does this (seeing as how people with faster connections have to tweak their diskio settings).

BTW, I don't think it's piece size that changes, since that's set in the torrent itself. It's probably something like the diskio.write_queue_size setting =P

Archived