Bypass Proxy for Local Connections

TripShock

I am on a college network...a LAN...and we are connected to the internet through a single IP address...earlier when torrents weren't blocked we could all download the same torrent and get better speeds because of cooperative downloading...now torrents are blocked so we have to proxy p2p connections...but this way we can't cooperate.

I should have explained all this earlier...sorry.

Earlier, cooperative downloading use to work even with two computers on two different subnetworks...now it doesn't seem to work at all, even with computers on the same segment.

What I was really looking for was a simple option like "Bypass proxy for local connections", or something like that...I guess I should put this in the Requested Features forum... :)

We didn't do anything...by chance some of us were just downloading the same torrent and we started getting spikes in the speed...in the order of 6-10 MBps :D

When all of us are using proxies, no one will be able to initiate a direct connection to me...if he does there is no use because he won't be using a proxy and hence not downloading from the internet at all...only from me.

Archived