files keep getting corrupted or something

omglol741

This has happened with a couple of large rar files. It downloads to 100%, but the extraction fails. So I recheck the file, and it's at 99%ish. It redownloads to 100%, but some pieces disappear again when I recheck. So I don't know if this has to do with my hard drive, RAM, or check files or whatever. How would I fix this?

If you have ignored some files in the torrent (selective downloading), it's normal the forced re-check doesn't be at 100% because uT discards uncomplete edge pieces whick overlay complete files & ignored files.

Anyway Bittorent is an byte-exact sharing protocol so if your data are corrupted maybe the uploader has seeded corrupted data or you have an hardware issue (HD, RAM etc...)

nope I'm not skipping anything. I think my RAM had like one or two errors on memtest a while ago. I don't know if that's normal.

Last time this happened, I figured it might be a bad spot on the hard drive or something, so I copied it and checked it there. It worked, but this didn't work with this file after a couple tries. This computer is just like 6 months old, so I don't know if it would be the hardware.

I don't really know how the hash checks or whatever work. Is it possible that I got a bad check file in the first place? Or how would I check this?

and I think Windows ran chkdsk a few days ago when it crashed. So this keeps track of bad sectors and such? I'll try that again later I guess.

• 11 months later...

Archived