Downloading with Opera

rharr

When I try to download a torrent Opera wants to download it like a normal file and does not transfer it to uTorrent. I have opened the settings in uTorrent and the Windows Integration, associate .torrent box is greyed out, also associate btsearch files is greyed out. Could someone please tell me how to adjust the settings so that when I click the download button it opens in uTorrent.

I have managed to download a couple of torrents by right clicking and copying the link and adding a url torrent in uTorrent but it does not always work that way??.

Many thanks in advance for any replies or help that anyone could be kind enough to give.

You can disable the auto-download of torrents in Opera somewhere in deeply-buried settings

Which would be a good thing to do; Opera's bittorrent client is not the best, it just works, for the convenience of people who don't actually know about bittorrent but just want to download stuff.

Hi.

Many thanks for the speedy replies. I found the answer in Opera Help/Bit torrent (where else). There I found a link to the setting to disable the Opera Bit torrent client. I should of thought of that without asking you guys really, still no ones perfect. Thanks for the hint.

opera:config#BitTorrent|Enable

This would be setting to disable. You may also need to unassociate .torrent files with Opera in Opera's Preferences > Advanced > Downloads -- uncheck "Hide file types opened with Opera," search for torrent, edit the properties so it's no longer set to "Open with Opera."

Archived