Suddenly slower speed

Alternate

I've been having this same problem for a couple of days, also with no apparent reasons. Torrents with plenty of speeds, normally needing an hour or less only are now suddenly demanding 5-6 hours and the speeds have gone down to nearly 1/4 of the original.

I made no changed either and before this I'd already made sure everything is forwarded properly. This problem literally came out of nowhere.

Please help us both?

Thanks in advance as well.

I've also been having this problem for about a week now.

But I did find a solution if you're very eager to download whatever it is you're downloading, it's quite lame though and I would appriciate a "real" solution.

Open Utorrent

Go to the options menu

Click preferences

Click bandwidth

In the top right corner (maximum upload rate) type 0 and then switch it to 1 a few seconds later.

Your download speed should get a huge boost for about 10 seconds and then fall down again.

Repeat that sequence every 10 seconds and you should be at around 700-800 download speed if you're using a "normal" speed internet connection.

Hope I've helped atleast a little even though it's not a very funny way of reaching high speed.

//CxZ

2nd link in my signature...choose settings no higher than your connection's max UPLOAD speed!

Or do the same with uTorrent's built in Speed Guide (CTRL+G).

Do note my settings are close but not identical to uTorrent's Speed Guide...I generally recommend far fewer max connections!

If that alone doesn't help, set outgoing encryption to Enabled or FORCED.

Disable: DHT, LPD, and Resolve IPs.

If you did manual router port forwarding, also disable UPnP and NAT-PMP.

Archived