Utorrent at a standstill!!!

peter4076

I have Utorrent running a treat on this computer Vista 32bit Premium, but on my other computer running WinXP also have Utorrent running (working a treat), alas until today. I had to do a system restore, and went back a couple of days, and it solved my problem, but stopped my UT working.

I load the programme, I drop down search button, click on pirate bay for arguments sake, enter the torrent that I am interested in, and........................nothing, in fact if I have the speakers on, I get the tell tale sound of doing something wrong. I have gone through the setup with this computer, and everything is mirrored on the XP computer, the only thing I have done on the XP puta is reduced from 12% to 5% the amount of hard disc required for backup. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

I have read and re-read the guides, and still no joy.

DWK: Yes all the correct buttons checked, downloaded the new 3.04 Firefox browser for both machines yesterday, as I said the Vista is fine the XP (working really well within new browser except UT)...................I love a problem..................being sorted out. my UT on the XP machine, just sits there on the desktop completely dead, just waiting for the right info.

DWK: Closed down Firefox, launched IE, entered search in UT....................clicked enter, alas the webpage launched in Firefox!!!. Closed everything down, 30 minutes later re-booted to my default browser Firefox, launched UT, dead as a dodo, same as before, and yet in IE (it didn't launch, but executed the FF browser............weird. 11.30pm now off to bed, will give more time to it tomorrow, thanks for your input.

Ultima. Isn't that just a shortcut for control panel, and the the other things are what I have already done, or does this do something different. I am quite reasonable working on computers, but not au fait in the registry. I've googled the "control appwiz.cpl,,3" and if it is missing, I would have to pay for some download fix!!!, please advise....................Regards

Marvellous, have just booted up other computer and done control appwiz & done the business and woila went straight to webpage, but alas on the drop down in the search bar in UT, I used to have about 6 or 7 choices "isohunt/bittorrent/piratebay/miniova etc,etc, but now have only 2 choices ...Google/Bittorrent, whats happened now, is best to uninstall and reload.

Archived