Sudden slowdown

torrentdemon

Hi all,

So I was happily downloading at 30kbps with uTorrent 1.8.1 Build 12639. Then, all of a sudden, it drops to 4-10 kbps, rarely going above 20 kbps. There are plenty of seeds (525) and also a lot of peers (1035). I haven't changed the preferences in any way either (Protocol encryption is enabled) and my firewall hasn't been changed in any way either.

Other then the fact that some high-speed seed or peer went offline, can any other things cause such a drop in speed.

BTW, using Nod32 as my AV. I haven't had any problems with it so far. In fact, speed used to drop significantly when I used Norton (which sux anyway!).

Thanks in advance :)

The Speed of the Slackware torrent is ridiculously high: 140Kbps when my connection speed is only 300kbps oO Anyway, I'll probably run it a little longer, torrents almost always tend to run faster in the beginning since they just grab whatever happens to come by (oh wait, why am I teaching you). This torrent also began its slowdown very close to the 50% mark.

Oh, and the upload speed is 180kbps.

Or 192 kilobits/second upload settings from the 2nd link in my signature...it's very similar to Speed Guide (CTRL+G) in uTorrent but fewer per-torrent and global max connections. :)

Better to download faster from fewer connections than really slow from any connections and lag your web surfing.

Archived