Downloads reinitiate after switching off the HDD

souleraser

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a thread about this issue but couldn't find anything. The problem is that if I switch off my external HDD while utorrent is active, I get the error message saying that the files couldn't be found. So far it's ok. The problem comes when I switch on again the HDD, and all the downloads begin from scratch, and that's really a nuisance, specially when you are downloading 50GB files that take years to download. Someone knows what's the problem?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Did the drive letter change?

Did you start the torrents -before- switching the drive back on? Don't do it until after it's on and working. My external drops out sometimes and as long as I don't start it until the drive is working again, it never needs to do a recheck.

Hi again,

Yes, the drive letter changes, but I wait until it's the same letter and then I start again the program. I'm not 100% sure whether I started utorrent before the HDD was working again, though I think I waited until it was "up and running". *sigh* Anyway, thanks for the info. If it happens again I'll make sure to wait until the HDD is functioning properly.

Thanks!

Archived