Using uTorrent through a proxy running a F3 Tunnel

iMoose

I am currently enrolled in a military-structured college preparatory school. The school's filter (Fortiguard by Fortinet, Fortiguard Web Filtering) was extremely difficult to bypass, being that they block almost every download + forum website available. However, I did manage to find a website where I was able to obtain Freegate6.76Professional which works for the time being. I'm not exactly positive, but I believe the school blocks almost all external applications from reaching the internet. I've tried some programs that tunnel applications (gpass, etc.) and none of them have produced any result. I've tried configuring uTorrent to work with freegate through the proxy setting of the connection tab but I still am receiving no incoming connections.

So, my question to you, is if any of you have a solution to my problems.

Oh yah, I've also tried numerous other torrent programs, as well as p2p programs such as limewire and ares ultra.

Thanks,

iMoose

Yes, internet policy is mad strict, and no, I have not talked to a sys admin, but I have talked to our resident life director (who is in charge of dorms and related areas) about internet policy and BitTorrent clients. Basically, he said that because of the potential of downloading pirated software and media, there was no chance in hell that the school would allow BitTorrent clients. Hell, the school even blocks itunes from accessing the internet because of the potential to share media. I am currently doing homework, but when I am finished I plan on doing a shitload of research, until they shut the internet off at 10:30, that is..

and Thank you.

Archived