µTorrent Not Coming In Front

Phazor

I have a question about a certain behaviour of µT:

Lets say i browse any torrent-offering website, and i add a torrent with 'OPEN', then µT does not automatically come in front of the browser ... it simply stays behind it. It only blinks a few times in the taskbar and in the end i have to manually bring it in front to be able to click O.K. and actually add the torrent to the queue.

Is this a known issue?

Not to doubt your answer, but is this also valid if the window of say (shame on me) BitComet *did* come in front of the browser (IE6) when i added a torrent? Or must it be something else in this case? Just wondering, because if the one client does come in front, why doesnt the other?

P.S.: 'Shame on me' because i didnt know what kind of client BC actually is...this one thread here has really opened my eyes regarding unfair behavior of BT clients, which i really didnt expect from an app like BC. Im really glad that i changed since fair play is the only thing that will keep BT alive in the long run. Had i known that im basically cheating all the peers out there all the time i would never have used BC in the 1st place.)

did you check "Activate window when adding file" in "General Options"?

Yes, i did, thats why im so irritated that it stays behind the browser anyway...

Well, clients CAN bypass it and force themselves to steal focus, but I guess µT tries to behave nicely.

Well, in this case i vote for µT to behave absolutely UN-nicely then. (LOL)

Just STEAL that darn focus...its O.K. as long as the window comes in front!:D

Seriously though, thanks for the replies folks, i guess i dont need to propose this as a new 'feature' then...

Yeah, i will check it out when i do the next reboot on the torrent machine.

Some things are already 'tweaked' with RegistrySystemWizard (which is also a GREAT tweaking tool) but as far as i know it doesnt have the option for the 'Rude Apps' setting, although it has TONS of other setting-options.:(

But i always wanted to check out TweakUI anyway, so i think its time to finally do it.:)

Thanks again.

Archived