uTorrent across multiple OSs

christovftw

Hey guys, long time user of utorrent and I've been really happy with what I've got out of it so far!

Recently I've branched my computer into having three different operating systems that I do use constantly so I end up flipping between them all the time, and it would be nice to not have to use just one of these OSs if I want to DL stuff.

So basically what I want is utorrent to work across multiple operating systems, saving the torrents its currently doing. For example download 1 is at 20% in vista, when I switch over to xp I have to manually find the torrent file and add it to the xp utorrent installation then show it where the folder is; this is a major pain as sometimes I have 10-20 downloads going at once... so it would be lovely to have the program update the torrent files automatically.

Apologies if this doesn't make any sense, and also apologies if it's in the wrong place, but I didn't think this was utorrent not working as such, more of a pondering of how to do it; if it's possible!

Many thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help :D

tried this for a few days now, it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

I've moved utorrent.exe as well as all the .torrent files and settings.dat into one folder. Both winxp and vista are running the same utorrent.exe; however if i start a torrent in vista, xp will not see it... and if i start a torrent in xp... vista will not see it.

If anyone could offer any suggestions as to why it's not working that would be fantastic! The utorrent folder is on a data partition if that is any help, both vista, xp, and the data partition are all on the same hard drive. Not sure if that's a problem but trying to supply as much info as possible!

Archived