uTorrent with Comodo Firewall ongoing problem

Horrorinbox

I'm not that knowledgeable about things so would appreciate it if anybody could 'dumb down' an answer.

I presently run Vista Ultimate. It has Rising antivirus and Comodo Firewall Pro 3. I connect wirelessly to a Belkin router connected to a Dlink wired modem/router. I have a HP computer quad core with 3gb ram and dvd player, sound, tv card, 2 x 500GB drives, a nvidia card, and other things.

I used to use BitComet, but for some reason, my upload and download speeds have been 0. I've tried different firewalls and now I'm back to uTorrent. I used to use uTorrent but could never get it to work.

Ive followed all the instructions I can find and have Googled, but I'm just stuck. The same problem happens regardless of how many peers and seeds there are. I chose a torrent from isohunt that's got 583 seeds.

I only get 5 or 6 peers. I followed the instructions here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=7862 by creating a predefined network policy called 'utorrent'. I rebooted the computer and utorrent has now been running for 20 minutes, has 4 peers, but no upload or download.

I'd appreciate any help, because I'm simply stuck.

Thanks in advance.

Defender is switched off, as is Defense++ in the Firewall. I added the 6 rules on the other post. In another post, it also said to switch Comodo to 'Alert me to incoming connections stealth my ports on a per-case basis', which I also did.

When I first ran uTorrent, it asked if it should allow access to the internet - I said yes, 'Treat this application as ... utorrent'. It came up with another request, and I clicked 'Allow access', as there was no utorrent under 'Treat this application as', if that makes any sense. I've now deleted all the rules again and removed uTorrent from the outgoing program list so it's all clean.

I forgot to mention I also tried the following link at Comodo: http://forums.comodo.com/empty-t15677.0.html

Archived