.torrent files not removed (1.8.1)

t_k

Hi all..

I recently upgraded from 1.6 to 1.8.1 and have noticed that .torrent files are no longer deleted when selecting any of the 'remove +torrent' options (ie: just torrent and / or with data).

I searched the forum for previous reports of similar activity and came across a thread in relating to a 1.8 BETA that was put down to Firefox 3 being the issue. I don't use FF3 neither do my torrents get stored in %AppData% (in fact, they don't even get stored on C: ). 1.6 works fine as I've gone back to that version, but 1.8.1 refuses to delete the .torrent files.

There's no permission / attrib problems with either files or dirs, so can only assume there's an issue with this version of uTorrent somewhere?

Has this been reported "internally" to be looked at for future versions? I can't be the only one to be having this issue, can I?

Short of that, it's great.. and now missing the new features found in 1.8.x (such as the new 'trackers' tab etc) but removing .torrent files when asked is currently more important to me.

FWIW.. I'm running XP Pro with SP2. Torrents are loaded from 'P:\_torrents' and downloads are stored in 'P:\_DOWNLOADS'.

If any further info is required, I'll be happy to supply what I can in hopes of resolving the issue =)

Regards,

tk

Since you searched... are you the first to report it who does not use Firefox??

Have you checked your %APPDATA% folder and ensured the files are not duplicates being removed? Each time you load a torrent into uTorrent without actually SELECTING (or default) remove .torrent on deletion... the filename is appended (my_filename, my_filename.1, my_filename.2)

Thanks TLF.. I am using Firefox, but the FF2 branch.

Seems I think I've resolved the issue. I've reinstalled windoze since I created the '_torrents' dir and the ownership has subsequently changed ID.. whereas all newly created files / dirs are '$COMPUTER_NAME\$username', the '_torrents' dir was 'S-1-................' etc from my previous ID. Not sure as to why this would create an issue as I have no problem creating / editing / deleting files from there from the likes of DOpus or explorer, but seems it does.

I reinstalled 1.8.1 after 'taking ownership' and it appears to be working as expected now.

Apologies for the false alarm.. but maybe some useful info for future reference for anyone else that may encounter the same issue or perhaps something for the developers to look into to find a method around this? =)

Regards,

tk

Archived