Randomize port

Synbios

Once in a while, the randomize port will assign a port in a registered range.

According to IANA, http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers , the private range of ports is between 49152 and 65535. Why not have it so that the port randomizer feature only assigns ports in this range?

edit: it might so the ports under 49152 still fall under an unregistered port, but wouldn't it be easier to just assign all those between 49152 and 65535?

I understand why you think the registered port range is meaningless, but I already have other applications on my network that use ports above 10000 that uTorrent could potentially (and has before) interfered with. I have to randomize because my ISP throttles if you use too much bandwidth on one port.

I guess a better feature request: would it be possible to specify a range for port randomization? That way I can just set aside a group of a couple thousand ports for uTorrent and make sure not to use those ports for my other applications. If this is possible, I hope you consider it in the future because I can imagine that my situation is like many others.

Thanks

Archived