New "add dialog" improvement

infirmus

First off, thanks to the developers for the new "add dialog", it looks and works great.

Im going to sugest a small improvement: When multiple files are highlighted in the new add dialog ticking/unticking the box next to one of the highlighted files doesnt tick/untick all of the highlighted files.

It is posible to tick/untick all highlighted files by right clicking and selecting Select/Deselect, but its quicker just to tick/untick the box of a highlighted file.

Nefarious, you missed the point of infurmus' request which I would also love to see...

infirmus is requesting that when you hold the shift key down and highlight multiple files in a row that you DON't want to download inside the bitcomet style window, "unchecking" just ONE of the highlighted files should "uncheck" ALL the highlighted files. Is faster than rightclicking!

That's the ticket, baby!

Negative, I am (was) a long time BitComet user... in BitComet, holding the shift key down and highlighting the files you don't want and then unchecking one of them unchecks them all.

I wonder if we are talking about the same thing ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't seem like you can even select multiple files at all.

What would be nice is a way to select the files, right click and choose "Select" or "Deselect".

By the way, I've never seen a program behave like, where you select the files you want to perform the action on, and click one checkbox, and all selected files respond accordingly... I've never seen that. Usually it'd deselect all files but the one you clicked on, and check/uncheck that one box.

In the meantime, we've just gotta use the good ol' arrow, space, arrow, space, arrow, space... :P

edit: Or, hell, deselect all, start the torrent, then go to the file list and select files, then choose Normal priority! :lol:

Dude, I upgraded to the beta many weeks ago. :lol:

(k, maybe 1.)

I still can't ctrl+click any files in that window. Then again I never did put any conscious thought into doing so, and I don't have any torrents to try it on, so I guess it'll have to wait til next time I transfer something... :(

(Haven't you been watching my posts? I keep people away from the "stable" version because of the net.low_cpu default. lol...)

Archived