Disk overloaded 17%

dolbysnoopy

Today I'm using new 1.4 and it displayed "Disk overloaded 17%" in bottom and dl speed goes down to <10k/s. Does -1 in write.queue.size still not fixed? (in changelog it said support high speed links) I don't think my internal 7200rpm disk is slow and my internet link is only 3Mbps. What is the 17% means? I'm changing the queue.size to 8192 to prevent this happen.

What should the queue.size be set to for a 150-170KB/s maximum download? Having it at -1 doesn't seem to keep the disk overloaded error from appearing. Also are there anyother settings I could change to correct this?

When I first installed 1.4, I could download at 140-150KB/s without a problem. Now I'm getting this disk overloaded error too. At one point it said disk overloaded 100%, whatever that means. I don't notice any sluggishness in my system, only the downloads slowed but everything else works fine.

Okay, I changed queue.size to 16384 and no more disk overloaded. Speeds are back up to the max I have set in utorrent without a problem.

Now my question is, can you set queue.size too high and if so what is the effect? And if you can set it too high, is 16384 too high for a connection with 150-170KB/s maximum download?

Thanks a bunch.

The only limiting constraint on performance with queue.size as far as I know is how much free ram your system has. To get the last fractional improvement, you could probably set queue.size to 32768 and just forget about it.

µTorrent would only use that much space if it needed to, but having it available would vastly reduce the odds of "Disk overloaded" ever occuring.

Great, thanks. :) I have 256MB RAM, I know, I know, lousy, but I'm broke. Will 16384 put a hampering on 256MB RAM, theoretically? I say theoritically because utorrent is barely noticible on my comp even with 16384 queue.size, so its not actually posing a problem.

Also, what effect would I see from using the advanced settings diskio.flush_files and/or diskio.coalesce_write perform? In the faq it said these settings would increase memory usage and decrease disk writes, but by how much? Is it a significant change in either case? Things are running smoothly now, so I'm hesitant to change anything.

Thanks a bunch.

Archived